Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. The Wedding Ceremony I perform does not reference any particular religion or spiritual belief. If you select the Classic Ceremony, I can include elements from different religions, spiritual beliefs or cultural practices if requested.

You can reach me through my contact form or by phone. Tell me a bit about your wedding, venue and date. I will then let you know if I am available. In order to secure your wedding date and time, I will need a non-refundable deposit of $150 along with your signatures on the Wedding Agreement. Once I have both, your date and time are set in my calendar.

I accept e-transfers or PayPal.
A deposit of $150 is required at the time of booking. The balance is due one week before the Wedding day.

Yes. The Classic Ceremony allows you the opportunity to customize and personalize your wedding vows. If needed, I can assist by providing materials that will help you write your vows.

Many couples wish to meet prior to booking, others are happy to book right away.  I am happy to accommodate the couple’s wishes.
About six weeks prior to the wedding, we will schedule your Pre-Wedding meeting.  At  this time, I will send out a Wedding Ceremony Selections document for review.  At your Pre-Wedding Meeting, we will discuss all Wedding Ceremony details and do a ‘read through’ of the ceremony. 
When possible, I like to meet the couples in person, most often at my home in Owen Sound.  If a face-to-face meeting is not possible, we can meet via Zoom or FaceTime.

Yes, a friend can perform a symbolic ceremony for you; however this ceremony is not legally binding and cannot be registered with the Province. In order to have a legal marriage, you need to have your wedding ceremony performed by a licensed Wedding Officiant. I can help you with this. It is important that all elements of the wedding ceremony, as prescribed by The Marriage Act, are conducted by the licensed Wedding Officiant. We can arrange a meeting prior to your Wedding day to conduct the Streamlined Legal ceremony; this ceremony only takes only a few minutes and will satisfy all requirements of the Marriage Act. You are then free to have your friend perform a public Symbolic ceremony on your wedding day.

Yes, I am happy to perform a wedding ceremony for any two people who wish to be married, and are legally entitled to do so.

Yes, I can assist with arranging two witnesses for your ceremony. An additional fee will be charged for their services. Advance notice is required.

Life happens, and unforeseen circumstances arise.  I belong to a network of Licensed Wedding professionals and would work to secure a substitute Wedding Officiant on your behalf.  All monies you had paid to me would be forwarded to the Substitute Officiant to cover their fees.

Your wedding day will be filled with excitement, anticipation and in some cases, nerves. I will do my best to alleviate any unnecessary worry on your part by arriving a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the agreed start time for your wedding ceremony. After your ceremony’s conclusion, I can stay for a few minutes and photos, if desired. Then, I am on my way.
Marriage licences come from your local Municipal Office. Check out their website or call them for a listing of hours and requirements. You would receive your Marriage license no more than 90 days prior to your wedding date. If either you or your partner have been previously divorced and that divorce was decreed outside of Canada, there are an additional few steps you have to take in order to get your license. Your municipal clerk can guide you through the steps you need to take. Be advised that this unique process can take time to complete, so don’t delay in contacting the Clerk’s office to get the ball rolling.

I will do my best to accommodate your request. Wedding ceremony dates and times are reserved on a first come, first served basis. Once I receive your deposit and signed agreement, your requested date and time are reserved for you. If you need to change your wedding date or time, you will need to contact me as soon as possible. Please understand that in some cases I will not be able to accommodate the change, at which point I will retain the $150 deposit and return any other money which had been paid to me.